A Patient's Guide to Lung Surgery
Thoracoscopy: Recovering at Home
When you return home, follow your doctor's instructions about how to care for your healing skin and lungs. These instructions may include the following:
- Walk to keep your blood moving and strengthen your muscles, but avoid strenuous activity, heavy lifting, and driving for several weeks.
- Continue to do the breathing exercises taught to you by your therapist.
- Resume sexual relations when you feel ready.
- Ask your doctor when you can go back to work.
- Take your pain medications as prescribed to help relieve soreness and make activity and deep breathing easier.
- Follow up with your doctor, who'll monitor your healing and discuss the results of the procedure.
> Next: Thoracoscopy: When to Call Your Doctor